simple summer supper
If my stomach spoke (in another language aside Rumble) it would thank @Riverford for creating a recipe book from which the inspiration for this supper came. Occasionally there are times in life when things just fall together: people, time and situations. This ended up being one of those long summer evenings where everyone is miraculously in the house at the same time, sharing exciting foodie times. Bootiful.
These sausages are predominantly chorizo based and marry well with anything pretty much (gotta love those Spaniards- Me llamo chorizo. Muchos gracias). They come from Roneys an ace local Butchery on Sharrowvale Road (seriously, how can anyone live anywhere else in Sheffield?!).
My organic Riverford veg box has been a staple in my life for some time, since the local farm franchise first came to Sheffield back when I was on second year of Uni (my mum was pretty much on the veg box case as she already got one down in Sussex). I heart my veg box. It’s often the best thing about Thursday (especially any Thursday preceded by ‘week 2’.
What goes in it
(to serve 4)
1 head of summer greens (maybe 1.5 depending on size)
400g broad beans, shelled
8 chorizo sausages
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed with 3 pinches of salt (thanks Marlous for that amazing tip!)
3 potatoes (bakers)
What to do
- Dice up the potatoes and boil them til cooked, but not too soft. Then drain.
- Put the sausages on to grill, these could take from 15-30 mins depending on size and quantity
- In a pan, sweat the onion for about 5 mins then add the garlic
- When onions are soft, add the summer greens
- Cook until soft, then add the broad beans and potatoes
- Fry until all nice and cooked
- Serve up, eat, boom! Quick easy Summer supper.
Nom nom nom…